Welcome to our Paving Stones Section!
PAVING STONES OVERVIEW
Paving stones provide some outstanding aesthetic benefits that make them very popular among property owners, landscaping contractors, and builders. These materials are used in different spots in the landscape or outdoor living areas and render different benefits according to specifications and design requirements.
There are, basically, two types of paving stones – natural stone and manufactured (also called “concrete paving stone”). Some examples of natural stones used as paving materials are granite (strong and durable paving stone that’s commonly used in decks, patios, courtyards, and outdoor kitchen tabletops), bluestone (ideal for cladding, patios, and driveways), and sandstone (used in verandahs, courtyards, and as veneer material).
Manufactured or concrete paving stones, meanwhile, mimic the look of natural stones, so you can have the look of natural stones at a lower cost. Concrete is likewise durable and can last for several decades even when constantly exposed to extreme temperature changes. They are value-for-money paving stones that provide great aesthetic and functionalities.
Paving stones come in various colors, such as blue, charcoal, black, gray, red, yellow, green, pink, tan, and many more. There are also several patterns available, like circular, running bond, herringbone, basket weave, parquet, fan, and stretcher bond. Some of the shapes available, on the other hand, include circle, octagon, diamond, oblong, square, rectangle, bullnose, and rounded edge. By combining shapes, colors, and patterns, you can achieve specific themes, such as modern, Old World, contemporary, Mediterranean, or avant-garde.
PAVING STONES VIDEOS
Play these informative videos and see just how paving stones can be used to improve your property’s beauty, safety, and functionality.
How to Install Paving Stones from Pacific Pavingstone
View Video »
Paving stones installation, base preparation, leveling, compaction
View Video »
PAVING STONES APPLICATIONS
With dozens of colors, shapes, patterns, and design options available, it’s no small wonder why paving stones are widely used in commercial and residential applications. They can achieve a custom look and offer unique aesthetic appeal and practical benefits that property owners enjoy. Specifically, these paving materials can be used in the following:
- Driveways. These areas can be made functional, safe, and attractive with the right combination of paver shapes, colors, designs, finishes, and sizes.
- Crosswalks. While it’s more common to see concrete or asphalt crosswalks, it’s not surprising to see crosswalks made of different paving stone types. They are not only built for foot traffic but also built to impress pedestrians with their unique beauty.
- Walkways. Just like driveways, it’s vital to ensure that walkways frequented by people are made safe from slippage, durable, and attractive at the same time.
- Pool decks. Pool areas are constantly wet and are natural magnets for slip-and-fall accidents. By choosing the right texture of paving stone materials, such threat to safety can be eliminated.
- Garden steps. Gardens are meant to beautify properties. By picking the right combination of stone paver designs and colors, it’s possible to achieve a specific theme that can complement the general design of a property for harmonious appeal.
- Outdoor living areas. Paving stone materials (concrete and natural) are extensively used to build kitchens, gazebos, patios, courtyards, fireplaces and fire pits, and sitting walls for outdoor spaces.
Aside from these, paving stones are also used in retaining walls, pavements, and other surfaces in public and commercial areas.
PAVING STONES PHOTOS
Click the photos below to get concrete ideas of the various uses and benefits of using premium paving stones.
Below is a list of Paving Stone Resources throughout the United States.
.: Manufacturers of Paving Stones:
Find local Paving Stone Manufacturers in the USA »
.: Suppliers of Paving Stones:
Find local Paving Stone Pavers Dealers in your area »
.: Installers of Paving Stones:
Find local Paving Stone Contractors in your area »
If you like the information on this page, please "Like Us" on Facebook and "Plus Us" on Google Plus using the icons on the right side of this page